Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Peaks! Can you name all, or any of them?
As a geologist and mountaineer you get the rare opportunity to see many beautiful mountains and peaks around the world. All but three of these photos were taken in Utah. Do any of you know your mountains? Tim and Mckell were with me when I took one of the photos. If you can name the most or all of them you will be the winner. 




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ok so I am going to give this a shot. numbering from 1 to 10. number 1 being the top picture.
1. I believe its Timp?
2. I am guessing Granddaddy
3. I was torn on this one but I believe it is Mt. Watson.
4. I can name the lake (I think) I believe that is Long Lake. I think the name of the mountain is Haystack. I am not sure though
5. Just a guess Mt. Olympus?
6 & 7 good question
8 Pilot Peak
9. this photo looks like you are driving down to Southern Utah. It kind of looks the same as number 8 though so I am going with Pilot Peak again.
10. The Matterhorn J/K no idea.
Very good Tim I am impressed. I will tell you the ones you got right.
1. This peak is in little cottonwood canyon.
2. and 3. are the same peak they are east of Bald and west of Grandaddy. Starts with an "A".
4. This is from weir lake and is Watson.
5. Look out your front window.
6. and 7. Think Argentina
8. and 9. You are correct both pilot peak.
10. Sometimes is called "little matterhorn" on old topo maps, good guess, see if you can name the actual name.
Post a Comment