All photos by Steve Fellows, (no enhancement)
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Goblin Valley State Park, Utah
A few years ago in my undergraduate research I was fortunate enough to work on a study in Goblin Valley State Park http://www.utah.com/stateparks/goblin_valley.htm . This is a small park, often overshadowed by it's glamorous neighbors (e.g. Zion's National Monument, Arches National Monument, and Bryce Canyon), but it is fantastic in it's own right. The geologic phenomenon known as Hoodoo's or Goblins are related to the strata and weathering of the desert. I was involved in a anthropologic impact study to see if humans were affecting the rate of erosion of the goblins. November was a fantastic time in the park and I was able to take some nice photos of the park. I think they are cool. One more funny side note is this park was featured as a planet on the movie "Galaxy Quest", and it is obvious why.
All photos by Steve Fellows, (no enhancement)




All photos by Steve Fellows, (no enhancement)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment