Thursday, December 4, 2008

Craigdarroch Castle Part 1


Picture taken by Steve
I love the cool looking branches in the corner of this shot. I love the bird in the shot, I love arches and all the detail in the rock.
I did a google search on this spectacular Castle and this is what I found out.

This 39 room mansion was built in 1890 by Robert Dunsmuir, at that time the richest man in western Canada. Dunsmuir initially made his fortune from coal mines in Nanaimo but later developed the E & N Railroad and many other business ventures. Dunsmuir never got to live in this splendid castle since he died before it was completed. His widow and daughters, however, did occupy it for many years. One of Dunsmuir's sons, James, later became Premier of British Columbia. The castle is open to the public, we were not able to go inside of it today, but we are planning on taking a tour sometime soon. Click here for more information about the castle and its history.
It was a perfect day for pictures, the sky was so blue. The lighting was perfect and the Castle was so photogenic. There was so much detail. It was so much fun to capture. Steve took some spectacular shots of the Castle and was excited to get out and let his creative mind go wild.
The next two pictures were taken by Vyedka. I wanted to capture the amazing chimney and the beautiful red Christmas bow on the black rails, I also loved having the top of the tree in the picture.



I loved this stained glass window.

Last two pictures taken by Steve.

I love this shot. I absolutely love the lines and the shadows on the tile floor, and I love the block railing at the back of the picture. Awesome shot Steve!

I love how Steve framed this shot! It is gorgeous. Steve took some unique and amazing shots. Stay tuned, I will post more shots later.

1 comment:

Tim said...

What an amazing place. Could you imagine living in something like that. It would be absolutely unreal.